Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quotes


Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
~Mother Teresa

I just love quotes. In a brief sentence or two you can really be inspired or moved. That’s why you’ll see at least one quote on my blog entries. Lots of times they will go along with my entry for the day, but others they won’t. Today I was inspired by the quote above. It really is true. So many times we remember the kind things that people say about us. Kind words or a compliment can make us feel so much better about ourselves and some days it may just have been the only nice thing that happened to us that day. Maybe, just maybe, this quote will inspire me to say at least one nice thing to someone each day.

To my family, friends and fellow divas. . . Thanks for blessing my life and making me feel special. Not sure what I would do without each and everyone of you.


5 comments:

Chere said...

You are so right about quotes. Just a few words can hold so much meaning. I love the flower photo. Did you take the picture. It is amazing.

Judyann said...

Thanks Chere! Yes, I took the picture. That's just black cardstock in the background. This was a flower that I grew from a packet of seeds. I'm not partial to yellow or orange but this flower was pretty.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Your flower photo is exquisite! I'm jealous...

Yes. A simple quote can be uplifting, inspirational, humbling, or rejuvinating. I love quotes. I just wish I could recite them by memory without looking them up.

Pam said...

I love quotes as well! I'm speaking at a Women's Conference for my church and will be looking for a few inspirational words very soon. I love the picture! I may have to "borrow" it for a screensaver.

Nichole said...

Check out the website the www.thebucketbook.com

The theory of bucket filling and dipping reminds me of your post.

We have taught the kids at school the theory of the bucket. It is really neat to see them understanding that what they say to people can really make someone happy or sad.

I love it when people fill my bucket.

That is a good picture! Very pretty.