Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Music, so soothing to the soul

This morning as I got into my car, I realized how much music has an impact on my day and probably my life. Work has been crazy this week. I've been working every night this week until at least 7, and either a very late lunch or none at all. So you can imagine how excited I was to be getting into my car this morning to head to work. NOT! But as I started up the car, there was Keith Urban on the radio singing in his most wonderful voice “You’ll Think of Me”. What better way to start your morning than with Keith singing to you? Wow, is Nicole Kidman one lucky lady. Instantly I was in a better mood and ready to start my day.

While at work this week I’ve been listening to Christmas music. This has been helping me maintain a good attitude as well as putting me in the Christmas spirit. Since my IPod is in “the shop”, my music selections have been coming from this awesome new site called Pandora. You can select from your genre of music or choose an artist. The site then randomly selects music based upon your genre or artist choices. It’s great. You can also combine music genres by choosing the QuickMix button. It’s like satellite radio, but better. Check it out sometime.

Are there special songs or types of music that impact you and how?


Quote for today:
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~Berthold Auerbach





P.S. I picked the title to today’s blog before I found this quote. And actually, this was the very first quote that popped up when I typed in music in my quote search. How is that for coincidence?


Picture was taken by Nichole in Houston at the Keith Urban concert.

2 comments:

Chere said...

I agree with music and effect on our lives. Kenny Loggins is my favorite of all times. All the way back to the 70's Kenny and I have celebrated many good times together. This time of the year " Celebrate Me Home" is always on my mind.

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

You'll Think Of Me is my all-time favorite Keith Urban song. That and Days Gone By. Okay... I love them all. Our receptionist listens to Christmas music all day long and she made a copy of her Johnny Matthis CD for me. I love it! Yes, music can change my mood almost instantly. Keith always warms my soul and brings a smile to my face, no matter how bad my day might be. I will check out Pandora for my iPod. Thanks for the tip!