Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ready For More Textures?

As I mentioned a few posts back, one of the best digital scrapbookers, Jessica Sprague recently offered a free digital photo editing class. Lesson 5 was applying textures to photos. In the lesson there were links to several different sites offering many free textures. Some of the textures on the free sites are so awesome. It opens a whole new world in photo editing when you use textures. While I've tried my hand at using one texture on a photo, I've never tried 3 at one time. Shown below is the before and after of a unique tree that was in the water at Lake LBJ when we were there in July. I applied 3 textures and used the blending mode of soft light on each layer. After adding all the layers, I applied a free frame from Jessica Sprague for the finishing touch. Hope you like it.







1 comment:

Jamie Payne said...

What an amazing transformation! You sure did learn a lot from the JS class!!! Thanks for sharing:)