Thursday, September 24, 2009

Photoshop Elements Actions

Photoshop Elements has got to be one of the best pieces of photo editing software out there. Many times I've considered upgrading to the full Photoshop version, but just can't justify spending $600 or more on a piece of software. Well today, I've finally decided that I don't need to have the expensive version. My Photoshop Elements User Magazine came in the mail today. On the cover was the title "Action Central". That grabbed my attention right away. Having read about actions on various web sites I was very curious. While I could find free actions on websites the mystery still remained on how to use them, but most of all how to load them. This article solved both those issues.

Check out the photo below using the Orb action downloaded for free from the PSEU website. Additionally, the website provided several links to free actions and tutorials on how to use them. The Texas Chics Blogs and Pics had an awesome tutorial. Click here to access the site with great instructions on loading and using actions. Honestly the orb action took 2 seconds to convert the flower photo into a cool orb.

I'm off to try some more actions. I'm officially hooked.







3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

This was featured in our new PSE newsletter -- LOVE IT!!!!

Judyann said...

Yes, I do too. Been trying others and actions are just so cool.

Jamie Payne said...

Thanks for the links Judy! I've only used actions once or twice and always forget how to load/apply them.