Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Family Time


Family time . . . these days my family has very little of it. But last night Jessica suggested that we do our annual shopping for Operation Christmas Child. Actually, I think she snowed us into thinking she wanted to spend time with us when in actuality, she wanted to get the 4th and final book in the Twilight series. Whatever the reason it worked and Mitch, Meghan, Jessica and I went off to shop for one boy and one girl. The shoe boxes of goodies are overflowing with our purchases. It was so much fun to all have an input on what we should get for a little boy and little girl in a far away land. We are never quite sure where the boxes are being shipped, but it’s usually war torn countries, or other countries suffering great famine etc. It is a wonderful feeling to know that we may bring a small amount of joy to a child in need.

In the end we had a wonderful time shopping and yes, we are now the proud owners of Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book in the Twilight series.

Quote of the Day: “When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinessess.” ~Dr. Joyce Brothers

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I can't tell you how excited I am to see my favorite characters come to life in Twilight. Are you and Jessica joining us for the matinee this Saturday?

Jamie Payne said...

Yeah! Have you started or finished Twilight yet? I'm so excited to see the movie this weekend and hope that you and Jessica will be joining us!

Chere said...

I love Operation Christmas. If is fun to see how much you can put in a shoe box. Our church has it every year. Love it.