Who doesn't just love Thanksgiving? All the wonderful food, family and of course football. Our Thanksgiving this year was very quiet compared to last year. Only Meghan, Matt and Jessica were here to celebrate with Mitch and I. It was so nice to have no pressure to make the meal perfect. However, the sweet potato casserole was probably the best I've ever made. The recipe was given to me from a friend back in 1991. I've made it every year since then. This year I made it the day before and let it sit in the refrigerator until 1/2 hour before cooking it. Just wonderful. The topping was so crunchy and really set off those canned sweet potatoes. Even Connie wants the recipe as she said no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without it.
As usual we did join the Schneiders for their annual Thanksgiving dessert gathering. It is so nice to go visit with friends we don't see often. Not to mention the desserts really rock. This year I made a wonderful chocolate cake to share with everyone. It tasted fabulous. My friend Pam would be so proud of me!
Here are two pictures of our lovely day.
2 comments:
Everything looks so yummy! I seriously need to get a tripod so we can take family photos like yours! Thanks for the fun today...the movie was AWESOME!
Our Thanksgiving was almost forgotten as we sat on an open air porch on Marina Key in the BVI's, overlooking a brilliant blue reef, and sipping Painkillers. I would have traded my Painkillers for a slice of your chocolate cake :) Yes, Pam would be proud!
Post a Comment