Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Perfectly Normal Day

It's unusual, but aside from having to be to work before 7 am, I've had a perfectly boring normal day. A little busy at work, but otherwise normal. This really doesn't happen very often. After yesterday it was a welcome relief. Also, thanks to all of you who read my entry from yesterday and left such wonderful comments.

As many of you know, we will be going to Hawaii for our 25th anniversary. The 4th of July will actually be here before we know it. We've been busy discussing the logistics of Meghan's air travel to see Nichole and where Jessica will be staying. But we have also been discussing some of the things we will be doing on our visit to Hawaii (the Big Island) and Kauai (the Honeymoon Isle). Scuba diving at night with the Manta Rays (no stingers), sailing and snorkeling along the NaPali coastline, visiting the beaches and possibly stargazing on top of Mauna Kea. Would love to see some real lava flows since Kilauea is still erupting. That's been one of my dreams. Maybe this trip it will happen. Even though we lived in Hawaii for 4 years, there is still alot of new things to see and do. Can't wait to take photos and Mitch bought me an 8gb memory card to hold all of them.

Speaking of Hawaii. . . here is a recent photo of Noah in his surf gear ready to go into the pool.

Quote of the day: "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
~ St. Augustine

3 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Love the pic of Noah. Enjoyed meeting him, Nichole and Adam over Memorial Day. You are very blessed to have such a wonderful family, Judy. It'll be fun getting to know Mitch a little better when we're sailing. From the little time Pete spent with Mitch, he really likes him. Their personalities are quite similar. There's nothing wrong with a boring day...it beats the alternative, if ya get my drift:)

I am envious of your vacation in Hawaii. I would love to get Pete to go with me next time. My favorite islands are Kauai and Maui. You'll have TONS of fun and many opportunities for scrapping. What an adventure you two will have! I will miss you incredibly while you're away:(

Chere said...

Oh Judy, I am envious. You two are going to have such a wonderful time. I wish that Fred and I could go back to Hawaii. It is truly paradise on earth. Does Kilauea lava flow from the top or out the sides? When we went on the scrap crusie, the ship went by the volcano that the lava flows from the side. It was at night and beautiufl. You were lucky to have lived in paradise for four years.
I am sorry I missed meeting Nichole and Adam when they were here. Maybe next time. Little Noah is such a little cutie. Have a great week-end.

Judyann said...

Chere, I believe that Kilauea currently erupting from the top and from the side. So it actually erupts both ways. However, it's just ash and smoke from the vent at the top. Still pretty neat! Can't wait to get up close to the lava flow if possible for some wonderful shots.